Maker's Mark has set up the following virtual tasting sessions via Zoom with Ohio Diplomats Mai Jeans and Thomas Bolton at 5:30 p.m. EST next week. The schedule and links are:
- Monday, May 18 – Maker’s Mark Private Selection
- Tuesday, May 19 – Honeysuckle
- Wednesday, May 20 – Grandma’s Kitchen/Milkshake
- Thursday, May 21 – Caramel Mocha Bomb
- Friday, May 22 – Toffee Almond
For this release, the Ohio Liquor Commission is not releasing the list of stores or marketing this like they usually do for safety reasons to avoid large crowds.
If you are interested in this release, there are several safeguards I recommend...
- Check the state inventory website to see if your local store has any inventory (http://www.columbusbourbon.com/2019/08/a-guide-to-getting-hard-to-find-bottles.html)
- Call the store to ensure they actually have quantity in stock. If they do, ask to keep one for you.
- Wear a mask when you go. As Dr. Amy says... "Don your cape". The mask isn't only for you, but also protects others from you if you are asymptomatic and is the courteous thing to do. It's the Ohio way #inThisTogetherOhio.
- Maintain social distancing when you go... 6 feet at all times when possible.
- Wipe down the bottle when you get home with an antibacterial wipe and wash your hands
For me, this is one I'm going to sit out unless I happen to be in a liquor store and I see a bottle, especially the Milkshake!
What do you think? Let me know in the comments section.
Source: Maker's Mark